Saturday, August 28, 2010

our sweet girl

For my own memory bank and to hopefully put a smile on your face, I'd like to share with you some of my favorite things about my favorite daughter. oh me and lists...
  • she loves Jessie from Toy Story. she can 'yee-haw' with the best of 'em
  • she's understanding the meaning of the word, "much" so she'll tell me she loves me "sooo much" or when we dip her under the shower head she says, "too much"
  • she loves to take any opportunity to "scare" you or yell 'peek-a-boo"
  • the way she says her name: "emmy roof kitteman"
  • she enjoys sweet tea (i water it down) and her favorite way to drink it is in her tea-cups from her play kitchen
  • she's seen the original Willy Wonka a couple times. Lately she's taken to singing the Oompa Loompa song intermittently throughout the day. It's like her thinking music.
  • she not only recognizes the library building but excitedly exclaims, "liberry!"
  • whenever she walks down our hallway she runs her finger along the panelling-just like daddy
  • when she thinks she's about to get in trouble or has recently been reprimanded, she instantly turns on the charm. She gets in your face with kisses and hugs tight or whispers, "love you." It's a little ridiculous and I'm totally on to her.
  • she asks to "brushy my teef" about 5 times a day (except she doesn't want to when we ask her to at night; that's besides the point)
  • she's ours

**post-edit: Recently I've had the "we don't eat our boogers" chat with Emery. I've emphasized the importance of a tissue and she responded well to my message. Today we were running about town and when I was unhooking her seatbelts she said, "i holding it" and looked down towards her legs. I thought she was talking about her seatbelt because I noticed her clenching her legs around it so I simply smiled and said, "good job." She looked proudly at me and said, "yeah, i holding booger". Sometimes there's no word for such pride...

No comments: