Saturday, September 22, 2007



My sister is coming to visit today! I am very excited about that. I hear that Mason City is celebrating their sesquicentennial (I need to pause and chuckle. If you've seen 'Waiting for Guffman', you will understand. If you haven't, change that-ha) so we might head over for some festival food and fun! We've been planning for her to come visit since Nolan and I have had our own place but for some reason or another, it's never worked out. That picture is with my grandma Donna. I love her, she is a great woman! One thing I can say my sister and I have always had in common--we love to laugh. I am so glad that we are over the days of hating each other (when you share a room with your little sister, it's sometimes hard to love her) and now we are the best of friends. My sister is a hoot! She has so much attitude, I can't imagine where she learned that but she also has a beautiful heart! I love that girl and can't wait until she gets here!
In other news, I could just hug Nolan every time I think about it! He bought me the movie, "On a Clear Day." Seriously, you need to check it out if you haven't seen it! One of the critics says, "A movie that makes you feel happy about being alive." Now, I don't always give a lot of credit to critics but this one is right on! It does make me feel happy about life. I've watched it three times and so far, it hasn't lost its charm! Please, for my sake, so I'll stop bothering you about it, just watch it! It has Billy Boyd from Lord of the Rings, Brenda Blethyn, and Peter Mullan. They're all Irish actors so sometimes you really have to listen to what their saying but it's a rich film! Watch it and then we can talk about it and I'll be giddy!
Nolan and I have had a rough week as far as our scheduling goes. He's been working with the farm team all week so he's been home later than usual. Then I have bible study on Monday nights and work late on Thursday nights. Plus, we have been going to bed earlier since we both work now (Nolan is ecstatic that I finally understand the value of a good night's rest--I've been on college student time for too long I suppose). So this week we haven't spent a whole lot of time together. This whole growing up thing is tough! I keep toying with the idea of running away to Hawaii to start over but he seems to think our bills would still find us. Anyway, I'm sure the next couple weeks will be a bit hairy but we'll be fine once harvest season is over. Nol is happy to be working with the farm team, he enjoys that type of work. I've been more comfortable with my job this week but I'm even more convinced that it is not where I want to stay long-term. My dear friend helped me have a better attitude and inspired me to have a goal for the job. That has helped my everyday attitude immensely. When I think that eventually, I want to be at home with our kids, I realize this job will help us pay bills and free us from needing two incomes. It will prove to be a blessing, I'm sure.
This is the goings-on of these Kittermans. Drop us a note to tell us how you're doing! Love to you all!

No comments: