Friday, October 16, 2009

simple joys

Hey guys! Just wanted to share a few recent stories from Em's life. She cracks me up!


  • First, you have to understand that Emery loves her belly button. It is endless entertainment and travels well. On Monday we met my (Amanda) family at Curtis Orchard in Champaign. We were eating at their cafe when Em decides she's done eating and is ready to move on to the entertainment portion of the day. She lifts up her shirt and squeals "Bewy bud" (which translates to belly button). Then she pokes said button and laughs hysterically! Then she repeated the process...a few times! It was so fun to watch. Unfortunately by the time we realized we could put it on camera she was ready to be done! Hopefully I can catch it again soon to share with you all. It's so cute!


  • The second story happened this morning. I finished dressing her for the day and we headed to the kitchen for breakfast. I thought it was going to be a calm morning but as soon as Emery hit the kitchen she squealed, "Coookkkiiee!!" (she's got that word down pat). She proceeded to squeal Cookie several more times before I could figure out where she was seeing them. Turns out, her adoring father left them in plain sight on the kitchen counter when he was packed his lunch. The way she squealed was like she couldn't believe that her life was so good that she could actually have cookies--at breakfast! She was so excited and of course, I couldn't rain on that parade so we shared cookies for breakfast. (Just one for her and then I gave her cereal so don't judge me! haha)


  • I do have a video for you! Emery is very much into the "in & out" concept. Any basket or bowl or container of items you have, she wants to dump out and then put the items back. One night while we fixed supper she sat contentedly on the kitchen floor and played with a basket of apples. I just love that it doesn't take much to entertain her. Please notice pieces of the apples missing--she took a bite out of about 5 before I shot this video. It's not a big action sequence or anything but I thought you all might enjoy watching her mannerisms as she concentrates. --okay I tried twice yesterday to upload the video to no avail so I did upload it to Shutterfly--check it out!

1 comment:

Ian said...

Keep these videos and stories coming. Love to hear them. If you ever want to get on skype during the day it is our evening time so we are normally on and would love to talk. :) Love you guys,
Ian & Bekah