Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine merry-making

Yesterday I visited Holly's site to see if we won the tu-tu--no such luck! Sad day! I was disappointed but she also posted a valentine's idea that I thought looked easy and fun. You should see her site here to see what the valentine's were supposed to look like and then check out our version:I didn't get a close up but I believe that even from this vantage point, you can see ours did not turn out the same way. First of all, I just saw the pictures and thought, "oh that looks simple, I can recreate that" without really reading the directions. It probably would've helped if I saw you should let one dry before trying to paint the second hand-print. Also, her girls are a little older than Emery. Our friend Nikki was visiting with us and we couldn't have accomplished what we did without her. Nikki & I each had a plate with paint and sat on either side of Em. Then we painted her palms (while she kept trying to grab the paintbrushes) and took turns placing her hands on the paper. After we made the valentines we let Emery have at and she thoroughly enjoyed the paint. She decided to make herself even prettier:We had a blast! Check out the other photos on Shutterfly!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments: