Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy New Year (in March!)!
I was going to wait and update this on Saturday, my birthday, but how narcissistic do you think I am? (I'm writing today so you don't realize it).
January was hectic. Nolan was gone for 3.5 weeks in Corpus Christi but I did get to visit for one week. Highlights? The beach (brrr!), the USS Lexington, and Segways! See...

Emery and I survived the long month with family and friends! We are very much enjoying Nolan's company these days!
February. Honestly, it's March 3rd and I'm having a hard time recalling what we did in February. That's terrible. I do know I fell back in love with the Beatles thanks to The Beatles Rock Band. Emery is enjoying the dance parties that ensue from this game! How great are The Beatles? Honestly.
Ems got a new pair of polka-dot rainboots and since then there have been few days they're not adorning her feet. There's been a lot of this happening:

I actually love that part though. Her personality is really shining through. She's hilarious and keen to pick up on everything Mommy says or does. Sometimes that's great. Sometimes, not so much. The past few days she's been lining her babies up on the carpet for Story Time. She says things like, "you have to be patient, Coco." "Do you know what this is, Baby? It's a choo-choo train." "We have to be quiet, class." It's great to watch her! I want to take pictures or video of everything because her sweet voice is priceless but when the camera's on, she's off. I'm taking a page out of Mary's book and storing these moments in my heart (and for you folks).
Hope your 2011 is treating you well. We are greatly anticipating Spring and are taking advantage of these sunny days!


No comments: