Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Great Weekend

This weekend was another family-packed weekend. Our niece, Riley turned 3 on Saturday! She's getting so big. I have to brag that she can already tell her right foot from her left foot, she can count to ten (although she sometimes says "1, 2, 3, 8,9"), she knows her colors and most of her shapes, and she is talking really well! I'm so proud of her! My mom is a kindergarten teacher and I know that some of her students can't tell their feet apart. My niece is great! I love her!
In other news, Nol got his car-pool buddy back. Les is back from Africa and Nolan is pretty excited to have someone to ride to work with. Life is so much better when you have a friend traveling along with you.
Yesterday was finally grocery day. Nol and I have been low for the last week or so. I love shopping at Aldi's. First, it reminds me of when I was little and I played 'store' with my mom's groceries (b/c you have to bag your own goodies at Aldi). I also love it because I know that Nolan and I have gotten so much more food at Aldi than we could afford at Wal-Mart or Kroger. I feel efficient and smart shopping at Aldi. yum. I also feel so blessed on 'big' grocery days because I just think it's such an adult feeling to know that you and your husband have enough food to support yourselves. Just knowing that my fridge, freezer, cupboard, and pantry are full is a blessed assurance. Finally, this is totally me, I love groceries because, to me, order means everything has its own place. That's how groceries are! Frozen food in the freezer, products in the fridge, and then I get to place all the other items in their designated areas. It reminds me that all is right in this world. Okay, that's a bit much but I love it just the same.
Enjoy some pictures from our weekend with our niece and family!
we played the Wii for hours!



Papa should know better than to fall asleep with this crowd

blowing out the candle (or lighter)

"big" pieces

a premonition of what's to come

Riley loves her Uncle Nolan

Aunt Amanda is a bad influence

Surprise!

5 comments:

lassdev said...

You guys are so cute. You may think the grocery thing is silly, but we do it too. When we shop we plan all of our meals for the week and then we only buy what is on the list. Sometimes though we have to fill our cupboards because there are sales like 10 for $10 (which are great for side dishes). So now our cupboards are really full! The blog is a great idea!

Mills Family said...

so cute...great name!

BuBa54 said...

good 1st booger i mean blog sorry bout that i never cood spell buba aka rick

Shan said...

love it love it love it!!!

mother ried said...

hey, amanda and nolan
I like your blogspot! The pictures are fun! Keep it up! love, mother ried