Friday, August 24, 2007

a new season

Wow. Be careful what you pray for! In our case, it all turned out well but it came at me fast. Nolan and I had been praying for a job for me. I also have recently thought that my life had lacked a little purpose because I didn't feel that I was giving of myself enough. Well, when God answers prayer, watch out, it's going to move you. In the the course of one day I
  • Was hired at a small loan organization in Lincoln
  • Was asked to lead a small group of students
  • Was reminded that I agreed to proctor tests for a friend of mine
  • Decided to join a women's Bible study group
That day was a whirlwind and I felt a bit overwhelmed. After looking at what I am now involved in, I am so excited to start! I start work on September 4th. I have to travel to Springfield for the first week to train at a different branch and then I will officially start in Lincoln on the 10th. This job will push me out of my comfort zone a bit but I think it will be good. Plus, I'm considered an Assistant Manager, so that always looks good on a resume. The Bible study doesn't start until the 10th and I'm pretty excited about meeting with ladies in the community; hopefully it will help me settle some roots in Lincoln, beyond being a former student. Being a proctor for a test really won't be difficult so I'm not worried about that.
I'm most excited about starting the small group with the girls from school. I think this will be a great opportunity for all of us to grow together and in Him. I've got some ideas for how the semester will pan out with them. I am a bit nervous because I tend to shy away from leadership positions but I feel God wants me to embrace it, so I'm going to. I've also been encouraged by some trusted friends that insist I will do well.
I am genuinely excited about the upcoming months. These changes and challenges are what I've been looking for. Now off to Target to get my planner so I can stay ahead of the game...

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

I love you....I am proud of your movement!

Shan said...

I think we would all like to read some more inspiring thoughts!!! :) Love you!

Amanda and Nolan said...

clearly, shan, that is the nicest way i've heard someone say, "hurry up and update your blog!"