Saturday, January 9, 2010

wow. It's already well over a week into 2010 and this is my first post. Those were not my intentions but things in this Kitterman household have been a bit crazy since New Year's. Last week we enjoyed several days of leisure as Emery spent time in Wellington with Grandma Neecee and Papa Rick. Nolan went to work as usual and I spent time sleeping, reading, and eating. Three of my top favorite things. As a couple we also saw 3 movies, stayed out past midnight on New Year's Eve (without worrying about a babysitter or waking up early in the morning!), and simply enjoyed each other's company. It was splendid.
This week has been a completely different household. Emery's back; which is great because we missed each other. She hasn't even had a hard time readjusting to Mommy's rules after a week of Grandma's spoiling. Except she won't sit in her chair to eat meals. She wants me to hold her and I'm not sure what to do about that power-struggle. Anyone got any ideas?
Also this week, Nolan was getting up at 6 am and not coming home until around 7 pm because of the conference at work. We definitely appreciate the overtime but it was hard not having him be around other than to eat and sleep.
To be honest, I was going to write more and I was hoping I could draw some spiritual insights from this hard week but really it just left me exhausted. Plus, Emery is screaming in the kitchen due to that aforementioned struggle.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend and have been able to usher in the new year well!

No comments: