Thursday, November 18, 2010

who knew november would be fruitful?

there's a lot i'm excited about right now so i needed to make a list. you understand.

last night we saw Sesame Street Live. The joy and laughter that was on Emery's face was priceless!! Grandma spoiled and got Em a figurine set that has since followed us into each room all day today. All of them have to come too

tonight i made these:

my, they were delicious. bad news of the night: I burnt my hand by accidentally grabbing the handle on the cast-iron skillet and had to apply some aloe with lidocaine on my hand. worse news: as I was eating I accidentally got some lidocaine on my tongue. It went numb.

In other news, I'm getting excited about a project starting December 1st. It's called Daily December 2010 and I'm going to take pictures of our everyday life in December. I'll also be trying to focus on celebrating the Christmas season and have fun projects for Emery. Then I'm going to upload the pictures onto a Shutterfly album and have it printed. If it goes well, I'll have to try it yearly. I got the idea from here. My goal in broadcasting the project is that I'll feel convicted to follow through! I think it'll be a great form of memory keeping but it has an end goal so it'll be easier to keep up with!

I was also inspired by this post yesterday! How fun would all of our dinners be if we did this?! I've only recently opened up to the idea that just because you're not Monet (or even Mo Willems),it doesn't mean you can't make some fun doodles of your own. I think Emery would love it too! Now to find a giant roll of paper and a place to store it...

Last but not least, Harry Potter comes out tomorrow! (or midnight tonight but I can't handle that). Nolan and I are pumped. No, we won't be dressing up but we're going to have a great time regardless!

hoping you're november is as fruitful as ours is turning out to be!

1 comment:

The McKnights said...

love the doodle dinner idea. and love mo willems. thanks for the idea!