Sunday, November 8, 2009

catch up

Oh blog! I have missed you! It's only been a week but previously, I'd been a roll so a week-long absence now seems like forever. So what is new in these Kitterman's lives? Glad you asked...
My delightful mother came to visit us last Sunday/Monday to get her grandbaby fix and Em & I decided to go home with her. I'd been feeling homesick the past few weeks so I thought I'd take the opportunity to see some of my extended family. Emery and I had a great time visiting Great Grandma and Grandpa, hanging out with cousin Christopher, visiting Grandma at her school, and being near Aunt Beffy. On Wednesday evening I even got to go to a MOPS group and make a CRAFT! I love crafts! "It just so happened" (aka, Thank you Lord for being in control of even the smallest details) that my mom's singing group practice coincided with the MOPS group meeting and childcare was being provided. How much more can you ask for, really? It was a great week surrounded by people I love even though I had to leave the hubs at home.
Speaking of that great man, he has had an opportunity to shine this weekend and boy did he take it! On Thursday evening (as soon as I got home, of course) I got really sick. Nolan stayed home on Friday (even though it was an extremely busy week at work) to take care of Emery and basically waited on me hand and foot. I was supposed to leave Friday evening for a Beth Moore conference with the church but I was too sick to go. Nolan did laundry all day Friday and provided Emery with meals and entertainment. Then Saturday I felt up to heading to Springfield so I was able to attend the conference. Nolan took care of Em and went grocery shopping!! I thought that when I got back from the conference he'd expect me to be back in my normal role but I still wasn't feeling 100%. He didn't miss a beat. He made supper for us as well as breakfast and lunch today! He's a machine!
I don't mean to make this blog a shrine to my husband BUT he's just been so good to me so I had to share my joy with you all. Thank you Al & Sue for raising a great man and Thank you Lord for giving him to me!


These pics are from our week in Hoopeston. Emery enjoyed being doctor/chef and she enjoyed wearing Papa Rick's bike helmet around the house! Also, I'm resonating what C Jane wrote on her blog about the hardship of motherhood. Em turned 16 months this past week..where has the time gone?!



No comments: