Thursday, September 24, 2009

on a lighter note

Here's a glance into our breakfast conversation this morning:
E: "mo-mma" (the dash is to emphasize that she drew it out)
A: "at least it's momma, and she stopped saying, 'manda'. Why does she call me that?"
N: "It's probably because she hears me calling you that."
A: "Well she doesn't call you Nolan."
N: "That's because you call me Big Poppa."

Oh that man. For the record, I never call him Big Poppa. Unless we're singing the song. Emery does really call me "manda" sometimes though. At least, that's how it sounds. I didn't think that would start until teen angst days. Oh well. I suppose she could be calling me worse.

On another note, I have a question for you all. Is Meatloaf making a comeback that I don't know about? Last Friday as we were watching Monk, they showed a preview for this week's episodes. Meatloaf was making a guest appearance. We thought that seemed random. Then last night we watched Ghost Hunters (which is strangely addictive) and guess who's making an appearance on that show next week? Yeah--Meatloaf. Completely different shows and networks. What's going on?
Speaking of guest appearances though, Nolan and I are excited about Glee next week. Kristen Chenoweth is making an appearance--we love her!
All this in a blog to tell you that we have dumb conversations over breakfast and spend too much time watching television.
Have a good Thursday! (We plan to--thank you Office! and welcome back Grey's!)

2 comments:

Ian said...

hilarious, like father like son. umm sorry but i just now saw your apple sauce post. Have you ever made apple butter? Bekah and I have a really easy slow cooker recipe that takes next to no work at all and its really great. Let me know if you are interested.

Amanda and Nolan said...

I am in fact interested, Ian! Let me know.